Carta - Another Sexist Startup | Glassdoor

"Another Sexist Startup"

I worked at Carta full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you will work with every day are amazing. That's the only good thing about this company.

Cons

In my time at Carta, I saw a ridiculous amount of sexism. I was a victim of this. HR was unhelpful and did nothing. And when I saw sexism, I mean good ole fashioned, not giving raises to women, not giving good accounts to women, and straight up firing the WOMEN. Everyone saw this- it was so clear. This company also fires faster than they hire. They fire EVERYONEEEE. You rarely see it coming too, and they're... great at making up bull reasons like "performance issues" for firing people. The CEO, Henry, is the worst human, ever. He is an egotistic narcissist and even though the company is doing seemingly 'well' right now, there are a ton of warning signs. I don't see them making it. (Go watch the documentary for Theranos, working for this company reminded me sooo much of that).

Advice to Management

The leadership at this company needs to change. This is a crazy power struggle, and its clear you just do everything you want, even when it is completely unjust. Get it together.

Carta2019-04-04

Other Employee Reviews

"Killer company culture and growth opportunities in a very people-forward environment."

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Carta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growth Opportunities Solid Leadership Good Benefits Great Office Location

Cons

Disappointing Base Salaries Difficult Parking Cramped Office

Carta2019-11-30

"Carta is a great place to grow as an engineer as we scale into the top equity management and private liquidity platform."

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Carta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growing company Equity growth with frequent liquidity opportunities Daily catered lunch and Friday group restaurant trips Passionate and caring executive team Shiny new office in San Francisco with fantastic city views I love the product I'm working on building. I think it'll be a game changer for private equity liquidity.

Cons

They did away with annual bonuses a couple years ago, which seems odd since we're growing very fast.

Advice to Management

Many silicon valley companies offer annual bonuses. Please bring this back.

Carta2019-10-18

Discover more reviews about Carta.