Carta - Growing pains, growing workload, growing stress | Glassdoor

"Growing pains, growing workload, growing stress"

I have been working at Carta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Catered lunches, free beverages, wellness room

Cons

The company is constantly changing, restructuring departments and expectations without providing a transition period or support from management. Extremely overworked and underpaid with long hours, and they continue to try and squeeze more work from us. Although they try to “maintain” a neutral work environment, the pecking order is already permanently in place. The lower ranking employees are treated like crap.... Preferential treatment is rampant. It’s the perfect environment for burnout.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! Although it’s great to reach for the stars, don’t be unhappy when you fail. Provide transition periods anytime you change expectations. Create expectations and goals that are attainable, not unrealistic. Employees can’t make miracles happen overnight. It’s great you’re hiring so much, but maybe you should support the employees you have before bringing more on board.

Carta2019-04-04

Other Employee Reviews

"Killer company culture and growth opportunities in a very people-forward environment."

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Carta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growth Opportunities Solid Leadership Good Benefits Great Office Location

Cons

Disappointing Base Salaries Difficult Parking Cramped Office

Carta2019-11-30

"Carta is a great place to grow as an engineer as we scale into the top equity management and private liquidity platform."

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Carta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growing company Equity growth with frequent liquidity opportunities Daily catered lunch and Friday group restaurant trips Passionate and caring executive team Shiny new office in San Francisco with fantastic city views I love the product I'm working on building. I think it'll be a game changer for private equity liquidity.

Cons

They did away with annual bonuses a couple years ago, which seems odd since we're growing very fast.

Advice to Management

Many silicon valley companies offer annual bonuses. Please bring this back.

Carta2019-10-18

Discover more reviews about Carta.