Carter BloodCare - awesome | Glassdoor

"awesome"

Pros

really great company to work for.

Cons

odd hours are always diffrent.

Advice to Management

none needed, they are doing a great job

Other Employee Reviews for Carter BloodCare

"A good place to get some experience, but don't stay too long."

Pros

Our donors are some of the best people you'll ever meet. The skills you develop are certainly useful in other medical settings, and many people use their time at CBC to finish school before taking the next step on their medical career path.

Cons

I would say that the department I work in, Mobile Collections, has some challenges. The nature of the job entails some crazy work hours. Not all of my coworkers are as mature as they should be considering the fact that for many this is their full time job. But the biggest challenge is the management team. There is far too much negativity and distrust between the management and the employees. And while some of it is deserved, all too much of it could be fixed by a combination of two things: 1. Trust your employees, and 2. Communicate more effectively.

Advice to Management

1. Stop being negative. If you don't like something, tell us what it is, why you don't like it, and ask us why we do it that way. Chances are there's some information that either you or we aren't getting, and that will either eliminate the reason for you not liking it, or bring us on board with changing it. We'd rather work with you than against you.

2. Quit monkeying around with pay. We are skilled workers. We constantly go out, set up drives (manual labor!), and work with dozens of donors whose only payment is a smile, a Thank You!, and a t-shirt that doesn't always fit. Then we pick everything back up (more labor!), drive up to two hours back to the center, and leave exhausted. I'm not arguing with the number of hours we work, but the rate of pay should be higher. A dollar extra an hour isn't really worth the manual labor on top of an irregular schedule, when compared with a donor center. And they get bonuses where we don't. The red cell people and the drivers should be paid more than they are now. As it stands the RBC people are leaving because now that they can do apheresis they can get better paying jobs. Shouldn't you pay them to stay?

2. "Mobile Management"

Current Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Carter BloodCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A+ Health Benefits, 401k, Hourly Wage, Overtime, Co-Workers, Friendly Atmoshere, Mobile Management and Management Team are very reasonable and will make it happen if needed be.

Cons

Be prepared for a legit FULL Time job.

Advice to Management

Mel is a wonderful Manager. We love you!

Carter BloodCare Response

Jul 5, 2017 – Brand Manager

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy your work and we'll relay the kind words you said about Mel. We appreciate you and are glad to have you on the team!