Cartesian - Strategy & Analytics Business Analyst Intern | Glassdoor
  1. "Strategy & Analytics Business Analyst Intern"

Current Intern - Busineess Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cartesian for less than a year

Pros

data driven analytics, industry specialist and knowledge, friendly culture

Cons

not a lot of training

Cartesian2019-06-11

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Place To Work...But Markets Change"

Former Employee - Consultant of Stuff in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Cartesian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

While I was there, management gave me an open door to opportunity. Work was challenging. Great peers to learn from and build skill sets. Management was very understanding of personal life/work balance. Recognized staff for extra effort and sacrifices made. Close knit teams that could easily collaborate..even when dealing with time difference with the London office. I am even employing methods we used at Cartesian in... my new position. Cartesian gave me a chance. They gave me room to run with things and build my skill sets. They have an incredibly smart staff. And upper management was always interested in the staff. Great technology company. Maybe not always cutting edge. But, cutting edge isn't always a good plan. But, they do embrace solid and proven technologies and solutions.

Cons

The market of telecom changed. Maybe the sales force was not able to keep up with the fast changes. And some of the clients consolidated or went through significant cost cutting. So, projects got back burnered. Maybe the product offering could be better. Telecom is tough now.

Advice to Management

If anyone had the answers with how the telecom market does things, they would be king. If I had good advice, Peter would have called me. Obviously I don't because he hasn't called.

Cartesian2018-06-12

"Severe Management Changes Needed"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Cartesian full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay on time. WFH is possible sometimes if you're lucky.

Cons

Horrible management, No clear business vision. Worst benefits I've ever seen. Rude, pretentious leaders who think way too highly of themselves for a company who is the smallest fish around. At times, unethical, and borderline discriminatory.

Advice to Management

Figure out what it is this company actually does and be proud enough for the entire company to feel like it's a part of its success. Lose the attitudes, the old school mentalities about the workplace, and the childish behaviors. Good luck filling the roles with anyone competent with the way things are currently run.

Cartesian2019-08-22

Discover more reviews about Cartesian.