Carus - Good plate to work | Glassdoor

"Good plate to work"

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Peru, IL
Current Employee - Middle Manager in Peru, IL

Pros

Competitive Pay
Challenging career
Great safety record

Cons

Benefits are terrible, health insurance is a joke

Other Employee Reviews for Carus

"CEO doesn’t care anymore. Only cares about money."

Current Employee - Plant Support in La Salle, IL
    Current Employee - Plant Support in La Salle, IL

I have been working at Carus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a really great place to work.

Cons

It’s not a good place to work. I’m reading what the other people have reviewed and I agree. The problem is with the executive committee and especially Inga the CEO. There have been so many people that have worked real hard and she doesn’t have any loyalty to us. She makes a lot of money from the company but she acts like there are real hard times. The company is cutting costs right now because she thinks their not making enough money. She got rid of some people to cut costs including one guy who was here over 40 years, the customer service manager that we all liked at the plant, and the HR person who was out having her baby. It scares me to work for a company where they can just cut you and not care. It’s not real stable here and people are quitting left and right whenever they can because they don’t treat people right. The problem is that the bosses think everything is ok and they are in lalaland. Even with all of the people quitting and talking about how bad it is, they still don’t care about us and probably won’t care about you either.

Advice to Management

Benefits are really bad and the doctors are not even in our network anymore since the hospital got bought. There are a lot of us trying to leave and I hope that Inga realizes how bad she treats us before that happens. if she thinks business is bad now, wait until all the people who know what their doing and care leave. Its gotten worse every year for us employees since her dad stopped running it.

"Current employees are trying to get out. Awful CEO."

Current Employee - Technician in La Salle, IL
    Current Employee - Technician in La Salle, IL

I have been working at Carus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good bond between us co-workers

Cons

This used to be a good company to work for, but when the CEO lost her mentor a few years ago when he passed away, she has made many bad decisions and is treating employees very poorly. She works us all very hard and doesn’t give us raises or bonuses. She gives us information about the company financials that make it look like we have a chance at our bonus all year, but then at the end of the year, the numbers suddenly look bad and we don’t get our bonus even though we worked hard all year and met our goals. She has lots of profit from the work that we do, but buys company cars and an airplane for management to use instead of giving us increases or bonuses. She has been firing employees lately too to reduce costs and that has many people like myself looking for a new job. Even employees that have been there for a long time aren’t safe. Do yourself a favor and look for a different company that will actually respect you before taking a job at Carus.

Advice to Management

CEO doesn't care what we think.