Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare - Unprofessional, Toxic Work Environment | Glassdoor

"Unprofessional, Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Residential Counselor II in Wood Village, OR

I worked at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare

Pros

An okay foot in the door for mental health. PTO was generous, but had to be taken as convenient to management. Extremely difficult to be fired, even intentionally sleeping during your shift comes with zero consequences.

Cons

When you're in the ECFs, you're not so much a clinician as you are a babysitter/billing machine. No self-respecting behavioral health provider would impose "quotas" and stretch the truth as far as Cascadia does to make money. They've faced several Medicare fraud suits due to dishonest and poor billing practices and nearly went under in 2008 for this very thing. Supervisors are poorly trained, if at all. The morale of...

Advice to Management

Hire better management Watch your billing practices Keep a better eye on credentials Stop hiring people without the proper background Improve HR by cross training Figure out something to do about the terrible morale that appears prevalent across several facilities and programs.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2016-08-01

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Skills Trainer"

Current Employee - Skills Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Management cares and works with you, from corporate on down. They are inclusive and strive hard to make this a non-discriminating organization. The pay is good, the clients are amazing and the job is fun. I'm given a lot of autonomy, and I feel like I'm making a difference.

Cons

Some of the trainings have felt less than wonderful. There's just not enough time in the day to do everything you want to.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2018-09-18
  2. "Hard job, but I loved it."

Current Employee - Program Manager II in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

staff, clients, lots of laughs and strong work bonds

Cons

difficult to maintain work/life balance, long hours, overworked staff

Advice to Management

raise the hourly rate to retain more staff and to bring new staff in,

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2019-06-24

Discover more reviews about Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare.