Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare - Decent Entry-Level Jobs | Glassdoor

"Decent Entry-Level Jobs"

Current Employee - Residential Counselor II in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Working with marginalized individuals -Helps develop an understanding of why the mental health system does and doesn't work. -A relatively safe environment to develop an understanding of the interplay between socioeconomic issues and mental health in.

Cons

-Could not care less about its entry-level employees. -Doesn't make efforts to invest in/retain good employees. -Doesn't offer performance/term-based raises. You will always make the same amount of money as someone with identical credentials who has been newly hired.

Advice to Management

Expanding the availability of services doesn't matter if you aren't investing in making the services effective. Stop opening new sites and focus on employee training, pay, and support. Constant employee turnover is economically costly to the company and emotionally costly to the clients. By not valuing hard working employees properly, you will inevitably lose them to employers that will.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2017-11-05

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Skills Trainer"

Current Employee - Skills Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Management cares and works with you, from corporate on down. They are inclusive and strive hard to make this a non-discriminating organization. The pay is good, the clients are amazing and the job is fun. I'm given a lot of autonomy, and I feel like I'm making a difference.

Cons

Some of the trainings have felt less than wonderful. There's just not enough time in the day to do everything you want to.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2018-09-18
  2. "Hard job, but I loved it."

Current Employee - Program Manager II in Portland, OR

Pros

staff, clients, lots of laughs and strong work bonds

Cons

difficult to maintain work/life balance, long hours, overworked staff

Advice to Management

raise the hourly rate to retain more staff and to bring new staff in,

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2019-06-24

Discover more reviews about Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare.