Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare - No support and very poor upper and middle management | Glassdoor
  1. "No support and very poor upper and middle management"

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent medical and PTO benefits if they allow you to use them

Cons

Most sites are chronically understaffed and the company doesn't have a particular interest in correcting this. Extremely low pay especially considering most employees have bachelor's and master's degrees. No pay increases in 2 1/2 years (and counting). This company actually relies on a low turnover rate so they don't have to increase wage and they aren't spending money on those pesky employees. Cascadia hires and...

Advice to Management

Keep up with MH industry standards. IT'S ALREADY SUCH A LOW BAR!!!!!! Treat your employees with respect. Believe women when they say they're being harassed. My advice to any prospective employees, run away. You might be lucky and get to work with a good manager, but most likely, you won't.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2019-06-13

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Skills Trainer"

Current Employee - Skills Trainer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Management cares and works with you, from corporate on down. They are inclusive and strive hard to make this a non-discriminating organization. The pay is good, the clients are amazing and the job is fun. I'm given a lot of autonomy, and I feel like I'm making a difference.

Cons

Some of the trainings have felt less than wonderful. There's just not enough time in the day to do everything you want to.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2018-09-18
  2. "Hard job, but I loved it."

Current Employee - Program Manager II in Portland, OR

Pros

staff, clients, lots of laughs and strong work bonds

Cons

difficult to maintain work/life balance, long hours, overworked staff

Advice to Management

raise the hourly rate to retain more staff and to bring new staff in,

Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare2019-06-24

Discover more reviews about Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare.