CastleBranch - Surprisingly nice | Glassdoor

"Surprisingly nice"

Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist in Wilmington, NC
Current Employee - Order Fulfillment Specialist in Wilmington, NC

Pros

Pay is pretty good for what you're doing
Everyone seems to be in a good mood and greets you kindly
Hours are very good, with easy to obtain overtime during peak season
Very thorough training
Easy to move from different positions as long as no degree or special knowledge is required.

Cons

Current shift, 11-8pm, doesn't allowed for any kind of a day life.
Work week is Sunday through Thursday, not a problem for some, but I never enjoyed working on Sundays and if you go to church you will miss it.

Advice to Management

As it's my first week on the job, there really isn't a whole lot I can say about the management at Castle Branch. From how everyone acts, I can assume a tight ship is ran and everyone is pretty satisfied.

Other Employee Reviews for CastleBranch

"It started off as the best place I had ever worked, but as the company grew it lost its soul."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Pros

New building, and any job is better than no job, I suppose.

Cons

The Evil Empire will suck out your soul. Don't get comfortable in your job--they've "laid off" people who have been there 15+ years due to supposed budgetary restrictions, and then they bought an airplane.

Advice to Management

Go back to your roots. Appreciate your employees.

"A Name, not a Number"

I have been working at CastleBranch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Great management
    Great benefits
    Pleasant environment

I've read all of the reviews on glassdoor, and it seems like a lot of disgruntled employees complaining about things that are true of EVERY workplace. I have criticisms of my workplace, but overall they are a great place to work.
    There are a lot of employees here with disabilities, recovering addicts, and those who have had a lot of problems in their personal lives, that CB has gone above and beyond to accomodate in the workplace, help with their personal lives. Management goes out of their way to check on their employees who are dealing with difficult situations. They care about their employees as people, and that's rare.

Cons

Low pay for a high stress environment.
    Management is bad about contradicting themselves and each other, or making rules that they don't force everyone to follow. They engage in a lot of cliques.

Advice to Management

You really need to raise your pay. You have employees working full time or more who are living in poverty. At least 2 I know of are living in shelters, I can list a dozen who are coming to work hungry and not eating lunch when they are here because they don't have $2 to their names. I don't know if you realize but the average cost of rent and utilities in Wilmington is well over $1000, and your entry level employees are only making about $1400. I don't know how you expect them to pay for gas or childcare or groceries on so little.

CB asks a LOT of the employees and its a very stressful environment with high requirements for workload. Most employees are too busy for breaks and have very little downtime. Employees have no motivation to meet the challenges they are given when the pay is so little. Plus, it's hard to focus on work when you haven't eaten all day. Not to mention the effect on one's health from the stress of it all.

CastleBranch Response

Apr 13, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for the positive and also constructive feedback. We do take all feedback to heart and then look to see what and where we can make additional improvements. We are currently working on a ... More