Castlight Health - Mission-driven company with a great team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Castlight Health

"Mission-driven company with a great team"

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time

Pros

Castlight is working on a very difficult and very important problem: helping people and companies make smarter healthcare decisions with respect to cost and quality. They've put together a a smart, high-performing, and committed team to accomplish that goal. They're gaining a lot of traction in the marketplace and have the resources to be a long-term presence in the market.

Cons

The company is growing very fast, which has good and bad points. Some technical processes and infrastructure need to be further developed to better support the number of people developing the products and the pace of development.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on building a strong team. Make sure we are spending enough time developing internal tools and infrastructure to get the job done smarter, don't just increase headcount.

Other Employee Reviews for Castlight Health

"Welcome back, Meaningful Work!"

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive, upbeat, SMART team with a common vision. Everyone works together well and maintains a very customer centric focus in all we do. Great resources and learning opportunities available to all employees. Real work that makes a real impact!

Cons

Being virtual means I don't get to attend the social events and other team-oriented activities at Headquarters. It's still nice to hear about, and I can feel the benefits to our company culture even here at my desk across the country.

Advice to Management

You guys are the real deal! Open and encouraging, innovative and bold. This is the leadership team I have been seeking my whole career. I'm excited to grow with Castlight!

"Great people, great mission. This isn't just another online gaming company or social network"

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For so many years I have worked at companies where sure the technology is great to work on, but the product? Meh.

I look at the economy and the cost of health care is like an albatross that weighs everything down. Being able to have fun and do cool stuff for a product that has the potential to have a huge impact on this and on empowering all of us to get better health care is a great blessing.

Cons

The company is experiencing a lot of growth and is in a somewhat 'adolescent' phase. Processes that once worked no longer work so well, people can find themselves overwhelmed. But the management team is strong and experienced so I feel pretty confident we'll get through this.

Advice to Management

Need to continue to work on sharing status updates both with sales and with internal changes/projects.