Castlight Health - Awesome company to work for in SF | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Castlight Health

"Awesome company to work for in SF"

Current Contractor - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA
Current Contractor - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Castlight Health, Inc. is a great company to work for. Its vision, its product, but most importantly its company values are truly what make this company ‘THE’ place to work for! The company fosters this amazing energy and appreciation for ones contribution to its overall success. It appreciates a work life balance which makes you want to work smarter than harder. Not to mention the awesome company events, employee engagement, full stocked organic kitchens, employee studio lounge - Castlight Health, Inc. Best Place to work for!

Cons

I am don’t have any ‘cons’. I have been impressed and greatly appreciative of being a part of such a great company, able to work with such an amazing group of people that truly have a passion for what they do.

Other Employee Reviews for Castlight Health

"Great mission driven company."

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great to work at a company whose mission I really believe in. The leaders of the company really want to change health care. The product really gives consumer crucial information to make better health care and financial decisions.

The quality of the product is first rate and I can say that product and engineering are always asking the right questions about how to make the product better for the consumer.

Finally, the people are first rate. The quality of work is very high. It hires really smart people who are also good people to work with.

We are in early stages of the company, but I believe Castlight could become a very special place.

Cons

People work hard so hours can be long but the goal is to create an environment that people will stay long term so there are a lot of checks to that. As start-ups go it's not the most "fun" place. It's more on the professional side rather than a bunch of 20-somethings so if you're looking for that...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I deeply appreciate how candid and forthcoming with information the top executives are. It really makes me feel part of the larger organization and team.

"Treat you like a grown up, and get to be the dumbest guy in the room!"

Current Employee - Lead Generation in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Generation in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Castlight Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Though only a few months into my time at Castlight, I have been greatly impressed by the overall cultural maturity of the organization. They treat you like a real, live grown-up, trusting that employees will do the right thing and are committed to getting the job done right.

Additionally, the depth of really smart people solving a nation-wide problem is inspiring, and I'm getting used to being the dumbest guy in the room which is awesome for learning the healthcare transparency movement.

Management does a great job of keeping staff up to date on company issues and developments, with the CEO giving a weekly all-hands meeting.

Cons

Still trying to find what that would be...maybe too much positive feedback and team support...it's unsettling when you are used to being abused at other companies.

Advice to Management

Stay on target. We can fix US Healthcare.