1. COVID-19

"Meaningful work within Health Tech"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Castlight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quick action to provide helpful info during Covid, the company continues to be innovative to the needs of the members. The people within Castlight are fervent about the platforms and the service they can provide. Just the right size, everyone works well together.

Cons

Reduction of pay to save jobs.

1. "Once-in-a-lifetime team"

Former Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Castlight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The healthcare space is challenging, so it’s important to be led by optimistic, tenacious, and strategic leaders who can sense the next opportunity and work tirelessly toward focused goals. Castlight’s leadership sets an inspiring vision time after time and really rallies the team. The CEO Maeve also brings high integrity and authenticity to the role, and a fun attitude, which is refreshing and helps her stay connected to the team. It’s great to find a company that chooses to do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy path. There’s a super collegial and supportive atmosphere at the company, with personal wins celebrated, festive and diverse holidays, and a creative / can-do spirit that permeates teams. It’s definitely the smartest, humblest, and most committed team I’ve worked with. Many colleagues form close friendships that span beyond work. Finally, the products aim to tackle some of the thorniest problems in healthcare—access, cost, health literacy and consumer awareness. It’s rewarding to build tools that have the power to guide major healthcare decisions.

Cons

The space is dynamic and intense for sure—people who seek to understand our industry and ecosystem will do best when in riding the waves that come from serving large employers and partnering with plans.

Continue reading
  2. "Engaging experience"

Former Intern - CS Intern

I worked at Castlight

Pros

I had a wonderful time interning at Castlight Health.

Cons

The SF office was located directly above an array of delicious restaurants; watch your calories!

Discover more reviews about Castlight.