Casual Male Retail Group - A company that does not take care of their employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Casual Male Retail Group

"A company that does not take care of their employees."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Allen Park, MI
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Allen Park, MI

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible time schedules is all I can say that is positive about this company.

Cons

If you aren't part of the "in" group you will never move up within this company. Also, very low wages for their managers.

Advice to Management

Talk with the lower paid managers to get the real scoop on how their company is doing? The upper management often does not allow the lower paid managers to meet the VP's because they only want to have them see store managers who holds all the cards.

Other Employee Reviews for Casual Male Retail Group

"It is a great company (to steal employees from)...everyone is looking for other employment."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The district manager is great but no one trusts the regional on up. They are condescending and overall just really fake. I was a store manager for a few years until I escaped.

Cons

The store manager is paid well but no one else, making it extremely difficult to recruit and retain staff. We had to promise them the world but couldn't deliver a pizza. It becomes a revolving door of people who can't afford to keep the job. Commissioned staff quickly become cut throat and accuse each other of stealing sales etc. Just an overall horrible business model and culture.

Advice to Management

Pay talented people a fair wage instead of telling them there is unlimited potential and that 'you just have to learn the company selling techniques to earn it' (commission). I left because I was tired of lying to people just to fill empty positions.Also you will never receive a raise (because of all the 'potential' commission you are sure to make). Hogwash.

"Great environment and easy company to work for."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lawndale, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lawndale, CA

I worked at Casual Male Retail Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My store manager was really great with training me and getting me ready for the next step with the company. Our store was the highest volume in the district and we worked hard each day to make sure we kept that title. Customer service was always stressed at all times.

Cons

Hours were not always consistent week to week due to the fact that it is a specialty retail store as well as store hours were not very long.

Advice to Management

Encourage your staff at all times, this will encourage them to stay and work.