"Blessed to be there, blessed to leave early"

1.0
    Current Employee - Entry Level Programmer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Catalyte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seeing what you need to know to be marketable. You may not learn these things because they will not teach it to you, so you must teach yourself. They definitely will ask you to perform even though you have not been taught. Its a good way for someone living at home with their parents with no bills and no financial obligations to learn and earn a little (and I do mean little) money. Don't try to support yourself or your family off of the money you make here or you will be stressed out. Awesome (perfect opportunity) for people who are hungry, just want to learn and don't care about supporting themselves or going into debt trying to live in, or commute to Baltimore. There are some really good people (non-management) who work here though that will go out of their way to help you and that is a plus.

Cons

The pay is the worst part of working here. That and the 2 year contract that if broken will leave you owing $25,000. It is basically in place so that they can make money off of you for a minimum of 2 years since you are locked in at that $15 an hour wage and can't do or say anything about it. No parking, no time off, no voice, and no opinion here. I dread coming in to work sometimes, lately especially.

Continue reading

Catalyte Response

October 8, 2014Vice President

It is absolutely correct that Catalyst offers an innovative program whereby individuals can receive valuable computer programming training that allows them to be employed in the IT industry as a software developer, and that in lieu of paying for that training (like one does when one takes courses at a college; in fact associates in our training program receive a daily stipend during part of their training), they agree to work for Catalyst for at least two years following their training. Developer 1 pay does start at $15 per hour with health benefits, as described in our postings related to the program, our website dedicated to the program (www.catalystlearns.com), and the interview all applicants have before being accepted into it. Catalyst has a culture of quickly promoting those who show merit through on-the-job performance. We are proud that our employee turnover is quite low compared to industry standards, including for employees who have gone though our training program and have been with us for at least two years.

Other Employee Reviews

"Great place to work!!!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Catalyte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent leadership, a fun culture, a great open-door policy, and a perfect family atmosphere. I will miss working at Catalyte!

Cons

I can't think of a downside for this company.

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to start your career if you don't have CS background"

4.0
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Catalyte full-time

Pros

Get to work on diverse projects, good culture

Cons

Low salary, possibility of staying in bench for awhile

Discover more reviews about Catalyte.