Catapult Learning - Good teaching experience,but too much paperwork. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Learning

"Good teaching experience,but too much paperwork."

Current Employee - Title I Teacher
Current Employee - Title I Teacher

I have been working at Catapult Learning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love teaching a variety of small groups. My supervisor is great but she is clearly overworked and under informed. She is great at following up on problems or "chinks" in the system.

Cons

Tons of paperwork. I have been here for 6 wks and I am still waiting for materials. I finally received a pay check today. I don't make enough for them too assume I will buy all of my consumables and wait for reimbursement.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better system for procuring supplies. I should ave been given a box of basics when I wallked into my school. Instead, I am locking my almost empty cabinets everyday while waiting for deliveries.

Other Employee Reviews for Catapult Learning

"Terrible employer."

I worked at Catapult Learning full-time

Pros

Nothing. This job transformed me from a normally happy and upbeat person to a miserable, underpaid and underutilized drone. Staff were underapreciated, and looked over for promotions and raises. Very political company; hired upper management by status and connections, not by experience and education, and then expected other employees to pick up the slack.

Cons

First of all, for a company that is making huge profits, full-time employees had to pay an arm and a leg for terrible benefits. Then, they cut health benefits for all teachers, which is downright despicable. The upper management is completely out of touch with the employees that are actually doing the work. The salary differences are atrocious; when in fact the lower and entry level employees are doing the brunt of the work. I actually heard a member of the senior management team ask an entry level employee to complete something for him, complaining that he just didn't have enough free time that day. Then, he took complete credit for the assignment. Employee relationships were farced, and I have never met a group of people as unhappy as Catapult employees. It was quite depressing.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking about profits before your employees- sooner or later the economy will get better and you won't be able to bank on teachers needing a job so desperately that they resort to your company. Offer them benefits like any profitable large business would.

2. "Tough Job"

Former Employee - PD Manager
    Former Employee - PD Manager

Pros

* Independent work environment
    *Always creative and challenging
    *Good support from team members
    *Great benefits package
    *Great networking opportunities

Cons

*85% Travel time
    *Micromanagers
    *Managers not always available or hypercritical
    *Cheap
    * Difficult hard sale
    *Too many jobs assigned to manager to complete
    * Too low pay for travel time and duties

Advice to Management

*Specify/assign tasks that can truly be accomplished without taking over entire life.
    *Provide postive feedback, motivation and appreciation for everything asked of employee
    *Understand the task asked to be performed by employee
    *Management be more proactice and less reactive