Catapult Learning - Was a good place | Glassdoor

"Was a good place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Catapult Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a decent place to work before the division I worked for got acquired by KLC. I worked in the corporate office in Baltimore. Once the company was acquired, everyone was laid off.

Cons

Stressful, promotion potential is zero. Better to come in at a higher level. Management was often not supportive, and had very little influence beyond their level.

Advice to Management

There are no promotions. Seems like they wanted you to do the work of the higher position at your same pay before the promotion even though your performance merited a promotion.

Other Employee Reviews for Catapult Learning

1. "Very bad experience with this terrible company"

Current Employee - Teacher in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Teacher in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tutoring students when it is possible.

Cons

All supervisors have different ideas about how to treat teachers. If you are not a friend or family member of a supervisor, you have no shot of being respected. Most assistants are related to one another and will make sure no one else fits in because they are very jealous women. Supervisors treat teachers like they are children. The women who work in New Orleans are very clickish and treat others unfairly.

Advice to Management

Management from New York needs to go to the New Orleans office and rehire new supervisors and start all over. it is a mess. Nothing is consistent. Only if you are a daughter, cousin, or best friend of a supervisor, will you have a chance at working at a good school.
    Every school I go to, they complain about this company. No one is satisfied. Lots of conflict between assistant and teacher. I hope that someone will change some things in the management office in New Orleans...

"Very little respect and general feeling of unappreciation for math tutors"

Former Employee - Math Tutor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Math Tutor in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Learning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some flexibility with scheduling, I got to learn how to use a calculator for graphing purposes

Cons

Math tutors were only part time, but because of the school schedule(lunch, not teaching during certain periods of the day), the majority of the work day was taken up, making it hard to have another job. We were severely underappreciated at the job we were performing, the teachers didn't interact with us hardly at all, we really had to seek them out if we needed anything. We had to spend too much time on class management (making sure students were behaving) with no training on that.

Advice to Management

Make the math tutor position a full-time job with benefits. This being a primary job for most tutors, benefits are needed. Have better alignment with the school, unless this was the one I worked at only.