Catapult Learning - Very bad experience with this terrible company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Catapult Learning

"Very bad experience with this terrible company"

Current Employee - Teacher in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Teacher in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Catapult Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tutoring students when it is possible.

Cons

All supervisors have different ideas about how to treat teachers. If you are not a friend or family member of a supervisor, you have no shot of being respected. Most assistants are related to one another and will make sure no one else fits in because they are very jealous women. Supervisors treat teachers like they are children. The women who work in New Orleans are very clickish and treat others unfairly.

Advice to Management

Management from New York needs to go to the New Orleans office and rehire new supervisors and start all over. it is a mess. Nothing is consistent. Only if you are a daughter, cousin, or best friend of a supervisor, will you have a chance at working at a good school.
Every school I go to, they complain about this company. No one is satisfied. Lots of conflict between assistant and teacher. I hope that someone will change some things in the management office in New Orleans...

Other Employee Reviews for Catapult Learning

"Very little respect and general feeling of unappreciation for math tutors"

Former Employee - Math Tutor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Math Tutor in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Learning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some flexibility with scheduling, I got to learn how to use a calculator for graphing purposes

Cons

Math tutors were only part time, but because of the school schedule(lunch, not teaching during certain periods of the day), the majority of the work day was taken up, making it hard to have another job. We were severely underappreciated at the job we were performing, the teachers didn't interact with us hardly at all, we really had to seek them out if we needed anything. We had to spend too much time on class management (making sure students were behaving) with no training on that.

Advice to Management

Make the math tutor position a full-time job with benefits. This being a primary job for most tutors, benefits are needed. Have better alignment with the school, unless this was the one I worked at only.

"Poor Management & Employee Treatment"

Former Employee - Tutor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Tutor in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Learning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-teaching experience
    -students
    -lesson plans provided by company
    -paid training

Cons

-no employee benefits/insurance
    -high turnover rate (a minimum of 10 people left employment within 6 months)
    -low salary in comparison to job requirements (employee education not taken into account)
    -large amounts of paperwork per week
    -employees must buy own supplies (materials provided are in poor condition)
    -poor & inefficient management by education coordinator
    -employee opinions and well-being ignored
    -subservient treatment of employees by education coordinator
    -low motivation portrayed by staff, employees, & management

Advice to Management

Professional behavior should strongly be practiced and pursued by education coordinator and top management. Top management should be present during meetings to allow employees to feel comfortable verbalizing comments for/against procedures without retaliation. Top management should monitor workplace environment ONCE per WEEK and UNANNOUNCED to ensure ideal proceedings on site.