Catapult Systems - One of a kind | Glassdoor

"One of a kind"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Catapult truly cares about people. They hire smart professionals in the top 10% of their field. Catapult is 'others' focused from the CEO to the Director of First Impressions.

Cons

Rapid growth at times can spread teams thin. This corrects itself once hiring ramps up, but hiring the best and the brightest takes time.

Advice to Management

Hire to the bench.

Other Employee Reviews for Catapult Systems

1. "Working at Catapult is everything I thought it was going to be, and so much more."

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing. Let's just say, the company get's it!

Cons

I cant think of anything I don't like about working at Catapult.

"Great people, family oriented, great learning experience, weak benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) I love the exposure to technology.

2) I love meeting a bunch of new people.

3) They are very forgiving if you have a family commitment that interferes with a project. They will back you up and not hold it against you.

4) The culture is top notch. The employee events are fun and interesting.

5) The pay can be very good (if you haggle for it or are an established name in the community).

6) As long as you are able to self-manage, you do not have to go to the office in between clients. Being able to work from home somewhat makes up for the weak vacation time off. But, make sure you are not a slacker or you will not last in this industry.

7) At least in our office, we are often able to manage our own projects (IMO, PMs don't add value unless it's a giant project that needs separate managing).

8) Every once in a while, a more experienced consultant will hold a training session to introduce you to something new so you can increase your knowledge and your value.

9) Some of the managers make you feel comfortable to talk to them.

Cons

1) Weak benefits. The only thing attractive about the benefits here is that you have insurance. The insurance premium per paycheck is pretty high. Almost no 401k matching.

2) They will sometimes try to push you into an engagement you are not ready for. So, tell them NO if you are not ready. But, this is not just an issue with Catapult. It's an issue with this industry.

3) Sometimes they make ridiculous inquiries about travel expenses.

4) As mentioned in a couple other reviews, not much formal training is available. But, to be fair, if you request a week on the bench before your first project on something new to you, they often will grant it. But, that learning is 90% on your own. The SME is often too busy to help you learn it.

5) The merit/promotion pay increases are not very good. This goes back to the "haggling" comment in #5 of the pros.

6) Communication is sometimes frustrating. Some of the more experienced consultants with that product simply ignore you if you send an IM/email with a question. They could at least acknowledge you and say that they will get back to you as soon as they can. But, again to be fair: There are quite a few who are super helpful.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and do your best to act on their concerns. Do something about the benefits. Make Catapult more attractive to new employees. Make your mid-level consultants feel more valued. Change your promotion/merit increase policy to make it less likely that a consultant will leave or threaten to leave. Do something about the benefits (Yes, I said that twice for emphasis on importance).