Cathay General Bancorp - Chinese bank....... | Glassdoor

"Chinese bank......."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Pros

I do enjoy the annual bonus payout but it has decreased due to issues with that home mortgage loan mess and the downturn in the economy.

Cons

Maybe this is just me but the silence drives me nuts! In the department I work in, you can probably hear a mouse's fart. Yes, we are all suppose to be working and getting work done but where is the friendly chit-chat that keeps things interesting inside the office? Work drags even more in a dead-silent and boring environment. Also, being quite new in my position (just over a year), it's difficult for me to keep up. The manager tells me to feel free to ask for help but everyone always have their heads buried in their work. They don't take their mandatory breaks during the day and sometimes they eat their lunch at their desks and continue to work. It doesn't feel accommodating at all. I feel guilty every time I go to one of my peers for assistance. Oh, and I also don't like their training - "Take a look at last year's work, read the procedural manual and just read up on possible updates on the internet. If you need help, feel free to ask someone." BLEH!

Advice to Management

Put some life into the department please! I go some days saying less than 20 words, it's boring me to death! And definitely be more considerate of your new workers who have had zero experience in the kind of work you all do. Implementing a shadowing approach will do wonders for any new hires in the department.

Other Employee Reviews for Cathay General Bancorp

1. "Representative"

I worked at Cathay General Bancorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot, nice people and work environment.

Cons

Low pay, benefits are not competitive.

2. "Stable working environment"

I have been working at Cathay General Bancorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a stable working environment

Cons

Conservative management, hard to advance

Advice to Management

Be generous to your own employees, have more employee appreciation events or incentives