Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County - CORAL After School Instructor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County

"CORAL After School Instructor"

Former Employee - CORAL After School Instructor in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - CORAL After School Instructor in San Jose, CA

Pros

Excellent opportunity for non-profit experience serving the youth of San Jose, making a difference in their lives and showing them the value of education. Excellent training is available, and the company has a welcoming, family atmosphere to it.

Cons

Opportunities for upward movement are rather limited, at least within the CORAL program. Chances are that you'll need a second job if you're working as an instructor.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time working with Catholic Charities. I found the opportunity to do work that was meaningful in the lives of others to be quite rewarding.

Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County

"awesome"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

best place that i've ever worked...friendly environment with smart people. My boss is very cool and understanding and flexible which fit my schedule

Cons

Non that i can think of except, low pay (what do you expect? it is a non-profit organization eventually). Helping people is the goal

Advice to Management

I dont have much experience with management so i dont really have anything to advise them except that it would be nice to increase the pay.

"employee"

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well established
    Beautiful Mission
    Caring and welcoming staff

Cons

Going through many transitions now which is taking a toll on all departments. Need leadership willing to incorporate staff feedback and learn the parameters of certain departments before making decisions.

Advice to Management

Spend a day on the front lines with a staff person. Then make your decisions.