Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County - A great capacity to learn, but could be stressful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County

"A great capacity to learn, but could be stressful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Amazing co-workers that genuinely care about the well-being of others. Most work their butts off serving the community and have enormous, compassionate hearts. Good benefits (health, 401K, tuition reimbursement). Learned a lot during my time as I hand to wear many hats which can be both a pro and con.

Cons

Big workload and had trouble balancing work-life balance. I was essentially working a FT job and being paid PT. Clients sometimes got very, very demanding and expected/wanted a lot from us. Compensation is comparable to other non-profits, but still not good. High turnover and burnout rate among staff.

Advice to Management

More respect and equality of other divisions and not simply ones that look more 'glamorous' or give you the best chances for PR. Reward and praise staff more often since they are the ones running the programs.

Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County

1. "CORAL After School Instructor"

Former Employee - CORAL After School Instructor in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - CORAL After School Instructor in San Jose, CA

Pros

Excellent opportunity for non-profit experience serving the youth of San Jose, making a difference in their lives and showing them the value of education. Excellent training is available, and the company has a welcoming, family atmosphere to it.

Cons

Opportunities for upward movement are rather limited, at least within the CORAL program. Chances are that you'll need a second job if you're working as an instructor.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time working with Catholic Charities. I found the opportunity to do work that was meaningful in the lives of others to be quite rewarding.

"awesome"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

best place that i've ever worked...friendly environment with smart people. My boss is very cool and understanding and flexible which fit my schedule

Cons

Non that i can think of except, low pay (what do you expect? it is a non-profit organization eventually). Helping people is the goal

Advice to Management

I dont have much experience with management so i dont really have anything to advise them except that it would be nice to increase the pay.