Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington - Enjoyable organization to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington

"Enjoyable organization to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Waldorf, MD
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent personnel training program and support for main office.

Cons

I have no significant cons to offer.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management.

Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington

"Great co-workers, ok company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington full-time

Pros

My department was awesome. My supervisor was helpful and flexible and my co workers were hard working, friendly, and trustworthy.

Cons

Upper managment didn't always seem accessible or supportive. My salary was low. Unstable work environement due to lay offs. Felt conflicts when my personal beliefs conflicted with Catholic beliefs. Organization actively campaigned against DC passing gay marriage laws.

2. "Mission oriented"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked at Catholic Charities for almost 9 years from a front line staff person to mid-management. So much has changed over the years I worked there. I love the agency and its mission. The division directors really care about staff and the agency and work extremely hard. The experience an employee has is largely based on their direct manager. The staff are great and you feel a common tie together. Clients are truly put first.

Cons

Lack of training in the beginning but this may have just been my manager's personality.
    You have to fight for change and responses from admin, finance, facilities, etc.
    Lack of operational guidelines across programs.
    Lack of communication and collaboration across programs.

Advice to Management

I'm a clinical social worker have worked in social services all my life so far. I see the complexity of poverty and social services. I wish the agency would direct more attention to preventive services rather than "band-aid" programs. As a catholic agency, more emphasis should also be placed on empowering, strengthening and maintaining families and community. For example, the agency puts so much money into homeless services and zero dollars towards eviction prevention.
    Incorporate more employee recognition, including financial.
    Listen and incorporate more advice from mid-level management because they see across the spectrum.
    Need more streamlined services. The process, quality, and rules you receive could greatly vary depending on what program a client is in. Each program makes up their own decisions. I understand the reasoning for this (different funding sources, clients, the merger of agencies, etc.), but more could be done to have continuity.

Work at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington? Share Your Experiences

Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington