Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach - Pros and Cons | Glassdoor
  1. "Pros and Cons"

Pros

Mission related work serving those most in need. Associate Director, Program Directors, ministries, and front line staff are wonderful, caring individuals. Excellent work life balance: everyone gets off at 4:30, and gets Catholic holidays off as well as regular holidays.

Cons

Horribly low salaries. Good productive workers not rewarded (everyone gets same salary increase regardless of performance), frustrating petty personality issues that become a barrier to productivity - specifically with top management/HR.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries to be competitive with nonprofit industry, make salary increases performance based and encourage managers to be brutally honest in appraisals (not everyone is fabulous), stop the pettiness and do what is needed for the best interest of clients, think about the source, common denominator, of all the petty personality crisis and make it end.

Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach2017-12-12

Other Employee Reviews

1. "It's ok but could be better"

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor

I have been working at Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has amazing insurance. That is probably what keeps me with this organization. Also, they give us a the Catholic holidays as well as the Federal ones.

Cons

The organization is known for advertising a job, but once hired they take advantage of your good spirit to ask for things that are not part of the job description. It really bothers me. On top of the crappy salary they give. I'm sure administrators get much better salaries though.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better. Not the best motivator when you can't get the salary you deserve, but are asked to do more than what your job description asks.

Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach2015-05-24

Discover more reviews about Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Palm Beach.