Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau - Thank goodness this agency does not represent what social work is about-A HORRIBLE PLACE | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

"Thank goodness this agency does not represent what social work is about-A HORRIBLE PLACE"

Pros

It provided a salary to pay my rent.

Cons

The morale in our office was awful. On many occasions, you would hear supervisors barking at their workers. It was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.

Advice to Management

All of us are on the same team and are committed to our families. We work without overtime, yet the treatment and conditions are deplorable.

Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

1. "Case Manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best and most important reason to work here is that you are respected and supported as an employee. I receive so much support from my supervisor and director, they are always there when I need to contact them and I am free to come by their office when I need help. The company has a great work-life balance, they encourage you to use your vacation and comp. time. They offer great benefits and my co-workers are amazing. They actually care about the population that is being helped and it is the first job I have in which the employees are not complaining about their job nor the salary. My co-workers are constantly encouraging you to further your education and genuinely help you when you need assistance. Catholic Guardian offers so much training (you are required to take a certain amount of hours of training every year) and certification that prepare you for your work responsibilities as well as your every day life. You will never feel lost at this job nor have a lack of support. You will also never just be thrown into your position and given a caseload without the proper training and guidance. I spent two months shadowing and attending week long training's before working with my designated population. They really care about their employees and value them.

Cons

There are no cons so far.

Advice to Management

Continue being passionate about what you do and treating your employees right!
    Keep hiring great people!

2. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Bronx, NY

I worked at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Catholic holidays and 4 weeks vacation

Cons

Where do I begin?.. I started with a new program in the Bronx. The supervisor that over saw the program did not interview. Which is what should have happened. She seemed to dislike me. I was later informed she has been racist towards other black and AA staff. I was micromanaged even to my rear room breaks. I was terminated after being out few days to take care of a sick family member. I don't even think that is LEGAL. All Hispanic staff at the Bronx site. No blacks or AA in certain departments. Racism, favoritism, disorganized

Advice to Management

Do things lawfully