Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau - Family Environment | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Family Environment"

Current Employee - Social Worker in Bronx, NY
Current Employee - Social Worker in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is a great room for growth in this company with much to learn. It is satisfying to assist families with the ability to reach their goals.

Cons

Case loads are high, stress level is high. You must have a passion for social work and helping others to be able to handle this job.

Advice to Management

Spend more time listening to front line staff because the work can be overwhelming and it helps when administration stand by you.

Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

"Thank goodness this agency does not represent what social work is about-A HORRIBLE PLACE"

Pros

It provided a salary to pay my rent.

Cons

The morale in our office was awful. On many occasions, you would hear supervisors barking at their workers. It was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.

Advice to Management

All of us are on the same team and are committed to our families. We work without overtime, yet the treatment and conditions are deplorable.

"HORRIBLE COMPANY TO GROW IN"

Current Employee - Case Worker I in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Case Worker I in Bronx, NY

Pros

This job has given me nothing to list as a Pro, besides being able to help children. :-/

Cons

I spend all of my waking hours either thinking about work, or doing work. My life has now been tormented with thoughts of what my clients are doing, when I have to call to check up, and how I am going to learn and get all of this work done.

Advice to Management

Senior management has a no-care attitude towards their employees, and they show you this attitude from the start. If this job had a training period, then maybe I would respect and appreciate my work there more. On top of that, they threw me into the job with 20 cases and no working knowledge of what I'm supposed to do and/or say in court.