Catholic Health Initiatives - Compassionate | Glassdoor

"Compassionate"

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time

Pros

Company does take care of employees

Cons

IT services being outsourced at this time

Advice to Management

Pay More attention to morale

Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

"Was great while is lasted..."

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was a great place to work at one time, there were opportunity's, great co-workers, the company really stood by the values and ethics that they preached. (Until recently)

Cons

But unfortunately the company has changed, saving minimal money at the cost of their employees (IT) is now the priority.

They've gone with an (off-shore) outsourcing plan for their IT services, contracted out to an Indian company with no real American presence from what we can see, who at this point are really struggling with the enormous scope of the job they've taken on. I'm not seeing a plan to make this outsourcing work, nor do I think they have the ability to pull it off.

At this point I'm honestly worried about our patients, the amount of talent that has already left the company and has not been replaced (and will not), has left a huge void in the ability of this company to keep it's IT infrastructure running in the case of an emergency. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

Advice to Management

At some point management will have to admit their mistake, cut their losses and realize trying to outsource to an Indian company with no real experience in American healthcare, and the size of this infrastructure, the complexity of it.... is not possible with this type of support plan.

But in the meantime, all the talent from CHI's IT departments will have moved on. And they'll have to rebuild.

2. "Outsourced"

Current Employee - Architect
    Current Employee - Architect

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time

Pros

Good experience in many areas of IT. Great staff and co-workers. Decent pay with OT and Extra On call pay.

Cons

Outsourcing most jobs to India without truely understanding all the implications of such an undertaking.

Advice to Management

Ask the advice of the people doing the work and then listen to them from time to time. Understand the impact of outsourcing 600 of 700 jobs.