Catholic Health Initiatives - Good Entry level role | Glassdoor
  1. "Good Entry level role"

Current Employee - Preoperative Support Specialist in Golden, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives part-time for less than a year

Pros

Direct patient interaction and the ability for people wanting to explore medicine to see all of the poop and rewards that come with it.

Cons

Although the job is consistent it can be mundane cleaning work and if you are not a long-range thinker then mistakes can be made easily because of the routine work. Although be warned that there isn't much advancement in this field unless you have a RN degree.

Advice to Management

You all are pretending that you care about quality control, such as posting how much money each doctor spends on each case or how fast turnover times are. I've worked in manufacturing and know good quality measures and unless you provide more data and prove that you are creating an environment where effort will produce change then no one will take you seriously. Hollow words that can lead to resentment.

Catholic Health Initiatives2019-10-16
  1. "Great Place to Work and Live"

Former Contractor - ICU RN in Grand Junction, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives for less than a year

Pros

Great hospital in Grand Junction, was my favorite hospital I traveled RN at. Great staff and leadership, felt comfortable working in an excellent ICU.

Cons

No cons with the hospital, but the town of Grand Junction is a place where you settle down with a family, and somewhat deserted from big cities.

Catholic Health Initiatives2019-09-10
  2. "Long hours, often rewarding"

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most managers were great to work with Made to feel like a true asset to the organization My department’s efforts were often recognized

Cons

Long hours - 10 to 14 hours the majority of days, no work-life balance Salaried but no consideration given to the workload - no extra time off for example Technology (laptops and PCs) outdated and unreliable

Advice to Management

Be responsive when employees are grinding to the point they become ill, or work quality suffers due to exhaustion.

Catholic Health Initiatives2019-11-11

Discover more reviews about Catholic Health Initiatives.