Catholic Health Initiatives - Good experience in an ever-changing environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

"Good experience in an ever-changing environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with many good people. Worked under good management. Always felt there was an open door policy. The company had strong core values and an important mission.

Cons

Typical IT hazard...I was outsourced. In the end, it seemed as though the IT side was being handed over to a good company, although I still think it was wrong (and caused too much unnecessary turmoil) to outsource a large part of a HOSPITAL ORGANIZATION'S I.T. area to overseas workers. On top of that, there were some "good ol' boy" networks there that kept people from moving forward. Even worse is that that kept the company as a whole from progressing.

Advice to Management

As I.T. management has changed since I was outsourced, there's not much to be said. In the grand scheme of things, there are still some "good ol' boy" networks there that need to be broken up. It gets in the way of true progress. Also, for the new IT management, listen to your employees and actually use the ones who do the work and show potential. If some people aren't carrying their load, work with them to get better. If they still can't cut it, don't penalize everyone else by making THEM pick up the slack...take care of the person who isn't working out. If you pigeon-hole people, how will you ever get their best?

Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

"Unskilled upper management"

Current Employee - Staff in South Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Staff in South Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The residents are great, and some off the employees are good also.

Cons

The last year to 18 months have shown a turn over in management and upper management. I have worked full time for this company close to 6 years. When I started it was a great job. I don't know what they are doing different in the last year or so , but has it changed. There is a lot of backstabbing and distrust in the ranks.

Advice to Management

I don't what they can do or if there is anything they can, short of starting over.

"Mean spirited and inexperienced leadership at national accounts payable office with only advancing friends of friends."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Faith based organization with sound mission.

Cons

Doesn't live up to mission and values at national office.

Advice to Management

Need to get rid of inexperienced managers at national office and hire qualified competent management at national.