Catholic Health Initiatives - Good when IT was all in house | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

"Good when IT was all in house"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Pay
Good Insurance
Good work environment

Cons

Understaffed
Did not always back employees enforcing rules
Always willing to bend or break rules for the right person instead of having a standard and sticking to it

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

"Wow what a mess"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, Insurance , Adequate time off. Co-workers are easy to work with.

Cons

Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Faith based organization what a joke, just a facade to hide behind. All about money. Would rather bring in travelers than pay an incentive to part time to fill gaps. Patient care not what it used to be, just want warm bodies don't care about experience. People are scared to voice concerns because then you get a bulls eye on your back. Yearly surveys that don't mean a thing other than who answered the questions honestly, not what they wanted to hear. Very political.

Advice to Management

Fix it if you read the reviews they all say basically the same thing and nationwide all the same problems. What does that tell you? .

"Good benefits even for part time!"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Louisville, KY

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even as a part time employee I was given loads of paid vacation and ample sick days. This is where management is very understanding. I was treated as an adult should be and given these when requested (given that I proved enough notice ahead of time which is the responsible thing to do anyways).

Cons

The department I worked in they where not very flexible with my hours. And being a full-time student as well they refused to work around my school schedule so I had to leave.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately my experience with management was pretty poor. I really hope all management isn't this way. I was a database manager and my boss thought he knew what he was doing. And kept screwing with the database I was supposed to be managing and then things would go missing. I talked to him about this several times as nicely as I could but he seemed to think he knew better even though he was not trained in anyway to do my job.