Catholic Health Services of Long Island - don't stay too long | Glassdoor

"don't stay too long"

Current Employee - Clerical Support in Roslyn, NY

I have been working at Catholic Health Services of Long Island full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team work environment, nice coworkers (usually), Good Health Insurance Benefits, Dental, Vacation Days, Sick Pay, Some holidays off. Tuition reimbursement is up to $7,000 per year, for non managers. Owe 12 months after date of last class.

Cons

People worship bureaucracy, the lowest person on the "Totem pole", or office pecking order is usually a scapegoat. Human Resources is given no power to help employees who are being harassed by their bosses. People can be forced out rather quickly if someone wants. They are understaffed, underpaid, and minimum salaries are not discussed. I called H.R. to ask a question once and I was screamed at? I stated I didn't' want...

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees! Don't just have a meeting, then say "OK, we heard you", and then do the same thing over again. Meaningful change takes time, and a team effort. PLEASE, give new managers professional training on HOW to BE a manger: not just following or "shadowing" someone who has been given those classes. Invest in your people, and you may be able to retain them. Thank you.

Catholic Health Services of Long Island2017-08-29

"lpn"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Catholic Health Services of Long Island full-time

Pros

care about their employees empathy

Cons

they help to make hours flexible

Catholic Health Services of Long Island2019-05-13

"Generous PTO and gridlocked work flows"

I have been working at Catholic Health Services of Long Island full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Time off is competitive and flexible

Cons

Work is only ever completed with difficulty between managerial approvals and tasks coming from several different directions at once

Catholic Health Services of Long Island2019-05-21

Discover more reviews about Catholic Health Services of Long Island.