Cavalier Telephone - If Cavtel is your only option go for it but keep looking! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cavalier Telephone

"If Cavtel is your only option go for it but keep looking!"

Current Employee - Programmer in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Programmer in Richmond, VA

Pros

The positions I worked were not too hard to figure out once I got all the information needed. For two out of the four positions I worked management was hands off and let us do our job.

Cons

The pay is not comparable and it is not easy to get a pay increase even when going from a position that should be getting half the pay of your new position. You will most likely get the least amount they can get away with and the only way to get out of that rut it to have a manager who is willing to try to bully HR into giving you more money because you deserve it!
There also was no communication of what was going on with the company, just b.s. that everything was going great... everything was always great... even with the CEO left without notice... everything was great.... even when there were layoffs... everything is great.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with your employees and be willing to pay a fair salary for the good work they do otherwise you will lose the good ones.

Other Employee Reviews for Cavalier Telephone

1. "Talk America was once a great place to work."

Current Employee - Development Manager in New Hope, PA
    Current Employee - Development Manager in New Hope, PA

Pros

Flexibility in hours. We work long hard hours so we are allowed to customize our hours as long as the job gets done. There are also a bunch of wonderful people who work here as well. It seems that everyone is willing to roll up their sleeves in order to get the job done at a moments notice. Another perk are the free bagels every Tuesday. There are all kinds to choose from so even the most discriminating tastes are sure to be satisfied.

Cons

We work in a remote location so the commute can be a bit of a drag. Other than that, all is pretty good.

Advice to Management

Move the office closer to Philadelphia and everyone would be happier.

"Beware before accepting any position with this employer."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative & Sales When Needed in Richmond, VA

Pros

Fairly nice co-workers that try to be as helpful as they can.

Cons

Everyday chaos. Angry customers due to high turnover, therefore causing service issues. Pay and benefits are half what our area's major phone/cable company offers. Understaffed in all areas. Layoff's quarterly!!! Out of 10 hires, only 2 remain. Outdated computer systems and software. No quality controls.

Advice to Management

Listen and learn from feedback by employees and provide changes as necessary to keep employees halfway satisified. Don't discriminate against older employees. Adjust the customer service position wage to higher than sales. Their job is harder and they work harder. Keep sufficient staff to enable service to be preformed in accordance of promises to customers. Upgrade all pay and benefits or you will lose employees to Verizon.