Cavium - Great company to work for. Strong and effective management and engineering innovation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cavium

"Great company to work for. Strong and effective management and engineering innovation"

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in New Marlboro, MA
Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in New Marlboro, MA

I have been working at Cavium full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent engineers to work with, competent management and in general a very good place to grow professionally.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing right now. Continue valuing employees. They are the only assets to the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Cavium

1. "Good products, decent engineering, below-average benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cavium full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has managed to get products out the door that reasonably meet the market needs and win designs. Starting from the early security processors all the way through the current multicore processor, the technology has been world-leading.
    I've been here 9 years, and the work hasn't grown stale - there's always some new angle, wrinkle to it, new technology to learn.
    The executives demonstrated unusual leadership by taking a major pay cut when we had serious financial trouble. Even now, the salaries are reasonable (though the total compensation package is starting to look out of line).

Cons

The process of getting products defined is very chaotic - it causes a lot of confusion with our early customers, our field, and our engineering team as features come and go.
    The benefits are fairly poor, by valley standards. Pay levels are OK, but the vacation policy (starts at 2w, rises to 3w - and that's it) is poor. There's a broad array of medical options, but the company kick-in covers only the very bottom. There's a very minimal 401k company contribution.
    Middle management has been promoted from within, often without any formal training, so you have engineers becoming average-to-worse managers.

Advice to Management

Improve benefits, and especially vacation policies. Make your employees feel valued, not like they are replaceable cogs.

2. "Excellent"

Current Contractor - Software Test Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Software Test Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cavium as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent company and I would recommend it to my friends.

Cons

None as it is already great.

Advice to Management

Excellent