Cbeyond - Sales Rep to Market Director in 3 years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond

"Sales Rep to Market Director in 3 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This isn't the company for people who are looking for a job. This is the place for those who are looking to accelerate their careers and pass up their peers. I started here four years ago as an entry level sales rep with a base of 31500, and the road was not easy. The first four months were as hard as everyone says, but through the extensive training Cbeyond provided, I was able to improve and start making some serious sales. To be fair, I wasn't your average rep. I was one of the first in the office and the last to leave because this was something I really wanted to take full advantage. By the end of the year, I had been promoted to Team Lead and had made 70k in my first year out of college.

Four months later, I was promoted to a sales manager. 18 months later, I was promoted to market director. I made 96k my second year and 127k my 3rd. I'm 26.

This is a tough gig and it's not for everyone. However, those who are able to make it 2 successful years are heavily recruited at pharm companies and med device sales companies because as recruiters have often told me, if you can make it at Cbeyond, you can make it anywhere.

Don't waste your time there if you aren't confident that you're in the place and time in your life where you want to make a career leap. Be honest with yourself because if you're not ready for Cbeyond, it will crush you. If you are, however, it will make your career and your wallet a lot of money.

Cons

High turnover so your friends might not be there the next month, but a great place to make friends. Lots of fun, young people.

Difficult job. Anyone who says long hours has a different point of view than I do. In my opinion 55 hours a week is not long hours. But, others may feel differently. It's tough in the way that there is a lot of rejection in the field.

Other Employee Reviews for Cbeyond

1. "Had a lot of fun at the meetings and Training!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Account Representative in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Account Representative in Gardena, CA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very young staff and always ready to party.
    If you are a top seller it is very rewarding and lots of recognition and bonuses
    Good product and training is very thorough.
    Met alot of business owners and c-level executives.
    You will develop the skill to speak to anyone... gatekeeper to Boss.
    You will develop awesome qualifying and investigative skills.
    You will also acquire territory management skills and networking for profit

Cons

They throw footballs in the office. Act very immature, sexually abusive towards
    women. Very demanding day inclusive of cold calling, appointment setting, walking into
    businesses and getting kicked out of high rise office buildings by security.
    Managers are very demanding and condescending.
    Plenty of broken heels on shoes because of all the walking.
    Wear and tear on your car due to driving your territory.
    Revolving door with high turn-over
    Type" A" personality with an aggressive sales culture promoting a one call close. You get reamed if you go past one appointment...

Advice to Management

Watch how your employees interact with others and if there is an incident reported. Investigate it
    right away.

"A lot of work, not a good pay scale"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment, employees are great
    - Training consisted of not only sales skills, but also knowledge of product
    - Quality product and service lineup that is cost competitive comparing to similar products/services

Cons

- Cold calling all day, so be ready to walk a lot and drive a lot
    - Managers push quantity over quality
    - Pay structure does not equal other companies in the industry or even other resellers of Cbeyond
    - Employee turnover

Advice to Management

Make sure you hire the right people. There is a certain person who will fit the mold of a cold caller. Although management does a pretty good job of telling new hires that it is difficult when you first start.