Cbeyond - Shaped my career... Great experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond

"Shaped my career... Great experience"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at Cbeyond and the only reason I changed jobs is because an opportunity presented itself that I couldn't say no to.

I worked in the Corporate side (non-sales) of Cbeyond, and my experience was outstanding. Below are some of the pros that come to mind:

- Cheap vending machines on every floor ($.25 - $.50)
- Free gym on-site (AWESOME gym. Towel service, showers/locker room, free classes, great equipment, etc etc.)
- Results-oriented atmosphere (promotions, salary increases, etc are based off of your performance... not your tenure)
- GREAT atmosphere... the people made working at Cbeyond as enjoyable as it was
- Big on community involvement / outreach
- A lot of internal career opportunities
- Office is in a good location and is easy to get to
- Casual atmosphere

Cons

Not many cons at Cbeyond.

Advice to Management

The "Innovation Station" at Cbeyond was created to increase collaboration across departments. Great idea, but collaboration should probably be pushed more in various departments.

Other Employee Reviews for Cbeyond

1. "Do your Job, get rewarded..."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great incentives to meet quota and sell promoted items.
    Very fun and relaxed working environment.
    Made great friends and great connections to business owners in local area.

Cons

Micro-management is implemented... but mostly, only when employee is not meeting their numbers (commitment to the team is not met, repeatedly).
    Commission can take time to get to you, since it is given when customer is installed to CBEY service.

Advice to Management

I never had issues, but for some of my co-workers there was a feeling of 'favoritism' for certain people in the office. Obviously, this could be due to personal (private) issues, or to that employees ability to deliver each month on their quota.
    I felt very comfortable with the management, and felt I was treated fairly on my ability to work efficiently and deliver a quality sales performance.

2. "Great training and work ethic."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The sales model is great for an entry level sales proffesional. Mangers really try and help to develop you to move up leadership. VP was very into your everyday business and always looking to help. Two thumbs up.

Cons

It is really hit or miss everyday. Lots of pissed off customers yelling at you and kicking you out. Turn over rate extremely high and managers are constantly afloat. Avery cut throat sales positon, 3 weeks training then its off to the field. 2 months in a row at zero your fired.

Advice to Management

Work on motivation and working within the reps personality, Not this is what i do! So you do it that way.