Cedar Document Technologies - Good company (if not in product development) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cedar Document Technologies

"Good company (if not in product development)"

Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cedar Document Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My salary was good. The company seems to be well managed and profitable. They pay 100% of the employee's medical insurance.

Cons

The software development group is not well managed. I received virtually no direction or feedback from my manager. The team is not very friendly either - I was never introduced to the other developers. Very little communication or collaboration.

The legacy applications are quite dated; 1 is still using Java 1.4. There is a fair amount of cruft in the code. There is also a lot of coupling. Most of the Java code I saw could not be unit tested. But then no one there claimed to be Agile.

I asked several times for documentation or preferable a wiki, but they don't exist. The attitude seems to be read the code to figure things out.

If you are a lone wolf, Cedar might be the right place for you.

As a bonus, the traffic can be a nightmare. Being across the street from Perimeter Mall might sound attractive, but dealing with it is not. (They do offer flex time).

Advice to Management

You are not a start up any more. Development does not need to run like one.

Other Employee Reviews for Cedar Document Technologies

1. "Intern"

Pros

Very helpful and friendly work environment. They encouraged learning on my part and rewarded initiative. They were very welcoming and I felt like family right away. The work load they assigned me was reasonable and when I had questions they always were more the willing to help me out.

Cons

As an intern, there were times when I wasn't kept very busy all the time. Other than that, I had a very positive experience at CEDAR.

2. "Not a friendly place to work"

I worked at Cedar Document Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, great technology.

Cons

Arrogant senior management that thinks that public humiliation is a powerful tool for managers to use.

Advice to Management

Get better people management skills.