Cedar Fair - Fun and a Good Experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cedar Fair

"Fun and a Good Experience"

Pros

Good pay for a summer job, meet amazing friends and general have an awesome time.

Cons

There are an insanely high amount of hours, and it's hard to move up without sucking up to management.

Other Employee Reviews for Cedar Fair

1. "Great Summer Job"

Former Contractor - Bartender in Sandusky, OH
    Former Contractor - Bartender in Sandusky, OH

I worked at Cedar Fair as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Cedar Fair you get to meet some amazing people from all of the country and work in a fun fast paced environment.

Cons

Its only a part time job with no benefits but its great for college kids

2. "Interesting summer working experience"

Former Employee - Games Host in Sandusky, OH
    Former Employee - Games Host in Sandusky, OH

I worked at Cedar Fair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can experince great fun with various roller coasters and other employement benefits. We had some vouchers, had some events with a lot of competition and get in touch with a lot of interesting people from all over the world.

Cons

Minimal wage as I was seasson summer worker and also workinkg conditions were not sufficient (2010) as they were not enough personal resources to care about water and hygiene needs of some employees (games). I also realised that my Manager canceled without letting me know my plane ticket reservation on my way back and until now I don't know how is it possilble and official authorities also didn't give me an explanation how it could happened. But I was lucky and in that plane was one last seat so I didn't stay in states. I was quite scared to report these hygiege and water problems higher as I didn't want to be bullies and also wanted to spend rest of my time by travelling instead of court visits and argueing.

Advice to Management

Treat respectfully all foreign working students, care about their life needs (water supplement, hygiene breaks) of some employees - games hosts who cannot just leave their working place as they are holding lot of cash and it's not allowed and they need some time to bring some water or go to bathroom.