Cedar Park Regional Medical Center - It was a very great, new hospital | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cedar Park Regional Medical Center

"It was a very great, new hospital"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff were very good, and the overtime perks were well

Cons

The director did not have empathy

Advice to Management

Be more understanding of family situations and needing time off

Other Employee Reviews for Cedar Park Regional Medical Center

1. "The light on Cedar Park's only Hospital."

Current Employee - Charge RN
    Current Employee - Charge RN

Pros

It is a fresh new hospital in Cedar Park, TX. We are growing quickly and learning as we go. The hospital opened just over a year ago and already we are becoming an intricate part of this community..and I am proud to be a part of that. I am continually provided opportunities for growth and to learn new skills. My immediate management backs the staff up when needed, and looks for ways to improve the unit based off of patient and staff's ideas. Our patient satisfaction scores are high. The pay is substantial for the area, it compares well with the Austin metro area. Insurance offers a ppo with a low deductible and if you get any work done at the hospital it is covered completely.

Cons

Because of the competing hospitals in the neighboring city, our census fluctuates more than we would like. Our staffing can be a challenge, depending on your position at this time some staff can be called off. Other times we don't have enough staff and you are ran ragged. We are going through a time with some changes in upper management, I believe they are just looking out for the hospital with these decisions. Also we are still in the process of getting all the supplies and equipment not initially needed for the opening of the hospital approved and on the units.

Advice to Management

Continue to have experienced Managers in each department. Provide lots of education for the staff on any issues that come up with processes/policies for the hospital. Provide more support for the staff during the rough times and be willing to get dirty while doing so. Expect that some employees need more guidance, instruction , and assistance than others. Don't forget what it is like to be at the bottom of that ladder, provide opportunities for growth and development for each employee. Dont do the House supervisor position and try to be the Chief Nursing Officer, that is just too many hats!

2. "nine year employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center (More than 8 years)

Pros

great community, fast growing, small town feel with advanced clinical experiences, competitive

Cons

middle management can sometimes be a challenge