Cell Applications - Unhealthy Work Environment Due to Management | Glassdoor

"Unhealthy Work Environment Due to Management"

Former Employee - Cell Culture Technician

I worked at Cell Applications full-time

Pros

Good exposure to cell culture techniques. Small company, so there's opportunities to expand your skillset beyond the job description.

Cons

No room for upward growth. Though the company is technically GMP-certified, many of the technicians were not trained properly. Instead of being trained from the training log, beginning technicians simply learned by copying what the other technicians did. This led to many uncertainties, mistakes, and miscommunication between the new workers, experienced technicians, and management.

Advice to Management

I've talked with fellow employees, and we all agree that the micromanagement is stifling. Instead of micromanaging and then getting upset with employees over mistakes that were made, seek to implement proper training to all of the technicians. It might take more work and time, but it is much more worth it in the long run.

Cell Applications2017-10-18

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Full time - one year"

I have been working at Cell Applications full-time

Pros

Positive atmosphere. Management and suits work close with staff but do not micromanage.

Cons

Lower ceiling for growth within the company, however the management and ownership has open ears.

Advice to Management

Need a Monday a morning meetings for entire staff. Dept heads could give updates on workflow and commentary, would be beneficial for everyone.

Cell Applications2017-01-09

"Reconsider before you apply"

I worked at Cell Applications full-time

Pros

You can learn multiple things. Coworkers are great.

Cons

It is very small company and you will work with company CEO all the time. Company CEO is very biased, disrespectful and disorganized person. She changes her comment all the time and tries to micro-manage you. I do not recommend this company.

Cell Applications2018-12-28

Discover more reviews about Cell Applications.