Cellular Sales - A Company that wants to grow from the bottom up. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

"A Company that wants to grow from the bottom up."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

I love working here. Our upper management wants us to earn lots of money and is always putting out spiffs or contests to give us the opportunity to earn more. Its a pretty cool thing when the head guy of the entire region sends you a text to say, "Hey, good job today". We are able to be extremely creative with ways to make more sales and this is encouraged. Each sales rep is treated like a sales professional, because we are. You don't have to get approval to switch a shift and have just as much authority as the person next to you. The entire company is built of people that started on the sales floor.

AND THE BEST PART!!!

I set my own Salary.
The harder i work, the more money i earn. And its really true. In my first 3 months i made over 50% of my salary a my last job.

Cons

These are a little difficult to come up with. You will rotate stores, and sometimes the stores are a little farther away that you would prefer, so mileage can add up on your vehicle. The hours can be long, but they are working on that. That is really the only negatives that i can come up with to this company. And the thing is, i live in Austin, i know tons of people that drive over an hour to get to work in traffic. My longest takes almost 45 min. and there is rarely traffic to deal with.

Other Employee Reviews for Cellular Sales

"A very amateur experience. General manager has little respect for employees and little knowledge on how to lead/manage"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lexington, KY

Pros

The scheduling is flexible. You don't always work with a manager so you're not constantly being micro-managed. The company pays high commissions compared to the industry standard.

Cons

The market I worked in was a very unprofessional environment.Training is inadequate. I trained for two weeks. At no point in training did we learn anything about addressing technical issues with the phones and basically had to learn "on the go" when it came to tech support. Our General Manager came up with a ranking system when it comes to making the schedule because there are various stores in our market and some are busier than others. The ranking system was a culmination of # of units sold, # of new activations, # of insurance policies sold, and a certain $ amount made off of selling accessories. Unfortunately, the person who makes our schedule, the GM, is dishonest and inconsistent when it comes to where some people fall in the ranking. So you're really not in control of how much money you can make, unless the GM likes you for his own personal reasons. You have to be responsible for hundreds of dollars of the company's cash for up to a week, but then when you go to monthly sales meetings all they preach is "personal responsibility".

Advice to Management

Come up with a loss prevention plan instead of making the reps responsible for deactivations.

"It's a two faced company that can't seem to find the even ground to be on"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Flexibility to take off work. Good business plan from the top

Cons

100% Commission in a Customer Service position. Too many internal problems that make it completely undesirable to work compared to what else is out there for a Sales Person

Advice to Management

Nothing to Say, because it wouldn't matter. It's a dying business plan and needs help