Cellular Sales - Great Place to Start a Career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

"Great Place to Start a Career"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn all the basics on how to run your own business, manage money, responsible, etc. Will arm you will all the business tools you need to be effective. If you can tackle this, you can tackle anything.

Cons

Difficult to explain to future employers just how hard it is in other sales roles. They think you are a retail clerk at VZW with a nametag, not dressed to the nine's like we do (at least most of us should)! This job is great practice if you want to start your own business someday.

Advice to Management

Switch back to independent contracting with higher commissions

Other Employee Reviews for Cellular Sales

"Cellular Sales - a great place to work and grow not only yourself, but your wealth as well"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Cellular Sales has allowed me to do things I thought I would never be able to do. I have had the freedom and flexibility to travel and do things some people only dream about doing. I have established some incredible relationships with not only my teammates, but with customers as well.

Cons

When I started this position, I was hesitant about working the 100% commission, but little did I know I would making the most money I have ever made in my career. It did take some getting use to getting paid once a month, however it did teach me to be a better manager of my money.

Advice to Management

To continue building relationships and keeping the lines of communication open with the people working in your markets and within our organization. I feel that our Regional Directors do a great job even though they do maintain very busy schedules.

"An excellent opportunity to learn and grow as a sales professional"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible work schedule,
    No micromanagement,
    excellent co-workers
    professional atmosphere
    never take work home with you
    manage opportunities as you see fit
    very little "non-selling" work.
    Company is in business to make money and will teach you how to do the same if you pay attention

Management is not evil as many of the reviews here would like you to believe. This company is looking to make money and they treat their employees fairly. You aren't going to get rich here but it is an opportunity to hone your sales skills, learn how to make money, build relationships and increase your knowledge.

Cons

Wireless industry extremely competitive and susceptible to price cutting.
    Consumers mostly price driven making it difficult to differentiate and build perceived value.
    Not a level playing field. New hires deal with some built-in disadvantages that make it difficult to compete with the more established reps.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to try something new. Keep tweaking the model, explore new avenues to generate revenue and drive sales. Determine customer wants and build services to suit them. Implement educational programs, home networking services, and modernize accessories offered. Incentivize non-traditional approaches to revenue generation that open up new lines of business and markets while reducing Verizon dependence.