Cellular Sales - An incredible opportunity for the right person!! Hands down, the best place I've ever worked! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

"An incredible opportunity for the right person!! Hands down, the best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Real sales career allowing both inside and outside sales. Excellent income with very high commissions. Flexibility in your schedule. Promotions with Cellular Sales are not based on seniority, but rather on how well you do your job. Incredible culture in my market. The harder I work, the more income and opportunities come my way. We sell a product that I believe in. Honesty is rewarded, both in building your customer base and in how you are perceived by management...not necessarily the norm with other companies, unfortunately. Great team with little micromanagement. Life/Work balance is attainable. You can earn the income you need in around 40 hours a week if you work smart. There is great opportunity for a long career here.

Cons

This really isn't for everyone. You really have to be self motivated. No one will look over your shoulder and manage your day for you. You will have to travel to multiple stores to work, but I've found that to be to my advantage. If you are a "get the sale out the door at all costs" salesperson, this may not be the right place for you. Of course we want sales "today" as much as possible, but your income and reputation will depend on your ability to meet customers' needs and take care of them after the sale. 100% commission means that your income is all on your work ethic and your integrity in dealing with customers and your team.

Advice to Management

Communication is great. I think that some form of formal continued education would be great.

Other Employee Reviews for Cellular Sales

"Great Place to Start a Career"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn all the basics on how to run your own business, manage money, responsible, etc. Will arm you will all the business tools you need to be effective. If you can tackle this, you can tackle anything.

Cons

Difficult to explain to future employers just how hard it is in other sales roles. They think you are a retail clerk at VZW with a nametag, not dressed to the nine's like we do (at least most of us should)! This job is great practice if you want to start your own business someday.

Advice to Management

Switch back to independent contracting with higher commissions

2. "1st job where I've ever gotten competitive and still loved my job!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No micromanagement ! CS always gives you enough rope to allow you to build your business without bounds, but if your not self motivated or one of those lazy Self entitled people, you will hang yourself. I live in Jacksonville, FL and we are very proud of our team here. Everyone is their own boss at work and our leaders have an open door policy... Thank you Deo! We can work as much or as little as we want and quality of life is important around here... Work hard, Play hard!

Cons

No micromanagement... This is also a con because If you can't do everything you say you can and you are not willing to ask for help you probably will not get the help you want. They tend to be to nice and hold onto mediocre achievers to long, but that's just me. That could probably be a Pro.

Advice to Management

Keep communication lines open and don't forget the little guys with the praise. All in all, our 1 and only manager for the whole Jacksonville area has been amazing and always gives the impression that he would do anything to help all of us... I've called 7am to11pm and was surprized when I still got what I needed... So keep it up!