Cellular Sales - Poorly managed by people without experience, low pay, 0-loss policy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

"Poorly managed by people without experience, low pay, 0-loss policy"

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good people to work with, for the most part.

Cons

-Cut commission structure which decreased pay substantially.
-Paid once a month so tax hit is huge.
-Chargebacks are ridiculous. This could be dependent upon contract with Verizon, but regardless, there should be some insurance here. A $4,000 before tax paycheck can drop to $3,000 before taxes because of chargebacks.

Advice to Management

Company philosophy no longer applies. They preach a style with virtually no management structure, flexibility to pick schedules(based off of how much you make), etc. It's quite the opposite. Micromanaged like we are children...i.e. instead of disciplining those that mess up, they simply take privileges from everyone. Really a poor working environment, and it's safe to say 75%-85% of those working, at least in my market, feel the same way.

Be a company that rewards employees, not constantly back-stabs them. Turnover is incredibly high for a reason, because even for those that perform, it isn't worth it. Take care of those that hit quotas each month, increase pay to decrease turnover, quit over-promising and under-delivering, and learn to run a business, not a scam to guarantee profit at the expense of anyone that comes in your way(customers & employees getting ripped off).

Cellular Sales Response

Jul 26, 2013 – National Recruiting Team Lead

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would encourage you and your team members to reach out in a professional manner to your Regional Directors. You many also ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Cellular Sales

"Sales rep"

I have been working at Cellular Sales part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

experience, adaptability, gaining knowledge, work

Cons

lack of management support at times

Advice to Management

get better

2. "Great Place for Sales People"

Pros

High Commissions. Great looking stores. Loose management. Fun environment. Tons of inventory. Tons of advancement opportunities.I feel like I have a voice in some of the decisions that are made.

Cons

You will drive to multiple locations which I love, but others do not like so much. There are always new people that can sometimes affect your money if they are constantly missing sales.

Advice to Management

Continue recruiting high caliber sales representatives.