Cellular Sales - Good starting company for college grad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

"Good starting company for college grad"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

100% commissions looks great when applying for future jobs.
Ability to set your own schedule.

Cons

All of the common complaints when working in retail or with the public.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting our checks. We are making half of what we made two years ago.

Other Employee Reviews for Cellular Sales

"A company that believes in rewarding their top performers and stands firm on promoting from within."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a sales representative in the Cincinnati region. I wanted to take a moment to talk about my experience from on-boarding to where I am today, almost 2 years into my career with Cellular Sales. Immediately before accepting a position with Cellular Sales, I worked for different Premium Retailer as a District Manager, and to my surprise they were forced to file bankruptcy and my position was eliminated. Because of that experience, I was very hesitant to devote my time and talent to another privately owned and operated retailer. Marcus Hundley, the recruiter for this area, found my resume and after a few phone calls convinced me to sit down with him and for that I am forever thankful. After leaving my first interview, I had a completely different perspective and was not hesistant to work a 100% commission position or for the indirect channel. I actually wanted the job based off of everything Marcus told me about the company. Unlike most companies, we are not micro-managed and when you do have a performance conversation, its only to coach you to make more money because the pay structure is a 50/50 split. I have since been offered the opportunity to help facilitate new hire training and also oversee all mentors to ensure that our new hires get adequate training to ensure their success at Cellular Sales. This ride has been by far the most rewarding experience of my life, from the constant recognition from the entire team of management and market directors as well as personal growth outside of work.

pros-

* Top pay structure ( trending over 80k my 1st full year )
    * Training and devolpment
    * Work life balance
    * Bonus and incentives
    * Endless growth opportunities

Cons

Although I rate this employer with 5 stars, it is extremely important to give a honest review and with all pros will come cons. This part, however, will be more challenging to write as I personally do not consider these things a con but I also understand that some may.

*Substantial amount of travel required.
    *You control your paycheck; if your work ethic is questionable your salary will reflect just that.
    * High risk, high reward pay structure.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward top performers, encourage more input from those whom are customer facing, As a team, we can continue to make more profit and open more doors.

2. "Not the same as it once was, but still a good place for getting sales experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Asheville, NC

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Good people to work with

Cons

Charge backs
    pay for lost or stolen items while on shift

Advice to Management

Share some of the wealth..