Cengage Learning - Very talented team in Clifton Park | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning

"Very talented team in Clifton Park"

Pros

Allows for individual creativity, laid back environment but very driven by results

Cons

Weather in Upstate NY is awful

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in talent

Other Employee Reviews for Cengage Learning

"Overall it is a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Content Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Content Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Creative people who care about company products and customer experience, and always strive to be successful. Allow employees to be creative.

Cons

Structured company with lots of layers. Multiple office locations and more collaborations are needed. Management needs to hear more from the bottom. Needs to create more career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Be more flat. more opportunities for bottom-up communications and more opportunities for development.

"I work in technology and have been part of the digital transformation at Cengage."

Current Employee - IT Director in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - IT Director in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Organizationally, Cengage is in a state of transition. Digital products are transforming the publishing industry and Cengage is and has been committed to transforming itself both culturally and technologically. The environment is progressive, innovative and open. The teams are centered around getting customers brought into the development process and using their feedback to guide development. They are highly committed to value and quality and so far I have had a lot of fun working here.

Cons

Some of the "old guard" are reluctant to give up on their book publishing roots. They are challenged to accept some of the change the industry is forcing them to move toward. Old book publishing processes are slow to be transformed and are hindering the pace at which the company is moving into the future. I will say that I believe the change laggards recognize the need for change, and are trying to be prudent about changes. The change will happen.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. We are doing the right things, and the pace should continue to increase if we keep going the way we are.