Cengage - Very talented team in Clifton Park | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cengage

"Very talented team in Clifton Park"

Pros

Allows for individual creativity, laid back environment but very driven by results

Cons

Weather in Upstate NY is awful

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in talent

Other Employee Reviews for Cengage

"I work in technology and have been part of the digital transformation at Cengage."

Current Employee - IT Director in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - IT Director in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Cengage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Organizationally, Cengage is in a state of transition. Digital products are transforming the publishing industry and Cengage is and has been committed to transforming itself both culturally and technologically. The environment is progressive, innovative and open. The teams are centered around getting customers brought into the development process and using their feedback to guide development. They are highly committed to value and quality and so far I have had a lot of fun working here.

Cons

Some of the "old guard" are reluctant to give up on their book publishing roots. They are challenged to accept some of the change the industry is forcing them to move toward. Old book publishing processes are slow to be transformed and are hindering the pace at which the company is moving into the future. I will say that I believe the change laggards recognize the need for change, and are trying to be prudent about changes. The change will happen.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. We are doing the right things, and the pace should continue to increase if we keep going the way we are.

"It's an exciting place to work."

Pros

The coworkers are very nice. The new office is an excellent place to get creative.

Cons

Commute can be a little demanding. Overall, there aren't really any cons that I can think of.