Cengage - Great people, collaborative environment, stress employee training and staying technologically current. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cengage

"Great people, collaborative environment, stress employee training and staying technologically current."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

There are some great people at Cengage and the open work environment is collaborative and fast paced. Management is trying to offer transparency to their goals and vision with frequent meetings and regular phone Q/As.

Cons

Very "be in the office" centric when the technology is in place to still actively collaborate remotely and be productive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication as you've been doing - the company morale, I feel, is improving and collaboration among groups is getting a lot better.

Other Employee Reviews for Cengage

"Exciting Place to work - this company is on the rise!"

Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cengage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly collaborative, all the tools to do your job, opportunities to do meaningful work and tremendous people.

Cons

People work hard here - need to manage your hours carefully.

Advice to Management

Continue to socialize your vision and what it means to all employees.

"I work in technology and have been part of the digital transformation at Cengage."

Current Employee - IT Director in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - IT Director in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Cengage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Organizationally, Cengage is in a state of transition. Digital products are transforming the publishing industry and Cengage is and has been committed to transforming itself both culturally and technologically. The environment is progressive, innovative and open. The teams are centered around getting customers brought into the development process and using their feedback to guide development. They are highly committed to value and quality and so far I have had a lot of fun working here.

Cons

Some of the "old guard" are reluctant to give up on their book publishing roots. They are challenged to accept some of the change the industry is forcing them to move toward. Old book publishing processes are slow to be transformed and are hindering the pace at which the company is moving into the future. I will say that I believe the change laggards recognize the need for change, and are trying to be prudent about changes. The change will happen.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. We are doing the right things, and the pace should continue to increase if we keep going the way we are.