Centaur Media - Not a great company to work for | Glassdoor

"Not a great company to work for"

Former Employee - Head of Sales in London, England

I worked at Centaur Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Struggling to find any - oh I know, they decide to close the office over Christmas and then deduct from your holiday allocation

Cons

It's amazing that a company specialising in the Marketing Industry, where there is a more even ratio of M vs F compared to most sectors, decides that the senior management team needs to be White, Male and generally British, whilst at the same time bangs on repeatedly about 'diversity'. There is NOTHING diverse about this company. It's a boy's club through and through. Every new promotion or appointment is a white male. It's almost funny. There is no structure, if you dare question strategy you are quickly sidelined and if you aren't part of the club, then you aren't going to have any sort of career progression. When I joined I had heard bad things about the company, however decided to make my own opinion. Within weeks of joining, I heard disgruntled members of "Xeim" (Xeim = Excellence in Marketing, which is a joke in itself given they have no understanding of the marketing sector at all.) telling me this was not a good place to work, and stupidly, I still chose to make my own mind up. After working at Centaur / NXeim (No excellence in marketing) for over a year, I have moved on to a company that genuinely cares about both the product and the employees. It's such a shame that a company with great products and platforms, just seems to do the absolute minimum, yet still charge heavy premiums to clients and generally un-deliver. There are no employee benefits, other than the standard pension, childcare vouchers, unless you include the free beer and coffee that WeWork provides. All in all, this is a very sad company to work for, who, like to paint a positive picture, however fall very much short of the mark when it comes to looking after their own employees. Avoid if you can.

Continue reading
    Centaur Media2020-01-15
  1. "Great growing experience"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant and Junior Media Buyer in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Centaur Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have loved working here, nice small community that has been built. All employees are great to work with and there is always something different going on.

Cons

Some of the work is repetative, but that is standard for most office jobs.

Centaur Media2012-09-11
  2. "Step in the right direction"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Centaur Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working, working from home arrangement, generous workplace pension scheme, good benefits, good technology (Surface Pro laptop and phone), friendly people, We Work Waterloo location is great. Commission schemes are competitive, salaries are generous but you have to negotiate this yourself.

Cons

The management is slightly tired and does not bring together the other teams and does not communicate commercially sensitive information/updates. Some managers are totally unqualified to sufficiently do the job or manage the team effectively to help them achieve their potential.

Continue reading
    Centaur Media2020-04-02

Discover more reviews about Centaur Media.