Centene - Great Benefits. Good Pay. Good Place To Work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centene

"Great Benefits. Good Pay. Good Place To Work."

Current Employee - Current Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Current Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Centene full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good. Benefits are awesome. Healthcare business is a good industry with stability. Overall, work atmosphere is good. They do some nice things too like a thanksgiving lunch and christmas lunch.

Cons

Sometimes management is too quick to make decisions without really thinking about the long-term effect. Tend to make decisions based on what's right in front of them versus what's down the road.

Advice to Management

Don't hesitate to get your people involved with making decisions.

Other Employee Reviews for Centene

"Medical Director"

Current Employee - Medical Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Medical Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Centene full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots or autonomy. Lots of support. No layoffs. I am treated very well here. We provide great service to our members. We are very ethical. I am paid more than other companies would pay.

Cons

I don't think there is upward mobility for physicians. Physicians are required to maintain an outside practice.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Stressful environment"

Current Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get challenges every moment of every day. If you are single and can perform better when pressed, this is the the dream job for you.
    And you can get a lot done every day. And you will kind of feel you can accomplish a lot.
    Nice Cafeteria and a good selection of food.

Cons

1. Stressful work environment: lots of work to do in a very short period. during this "Agile" development process, you have to estimate your tasks in hours, not but days. You have to accomplish something in every hour or you will fall behind the schedule. No padding time scheduled for any unexpected events however they always happen. So every day, you feel like you are fighting a fire after another fire and there is no time for you to catch your breath.
    2. "Meet at work and work at home": The teams are moving so fast and lots of meetings are scheduled to keep everyone on the same page. you spend 4 hours in meetings and your manager expect you to do 8 hours of work. So working overtime is a common thing here.
    3. Lots of "slave drivers" in management. Managers, directors, and senior management want one thing from you: get the work done and do it faster...

Advice to Management

Slow down with the growth and let your employees catch their breath.