Centene - Interesting, fast-paced, poor management, unrealistic expectations, unforgiving. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centene

"Interesting, fast-paced, poor management, unrealistic expectations, unforgiving."

Pros

Not much too say about Centene

Cons

I am glad that i don't work there anymore. They have lost a lot of good people recently.

Other Employee Reviews for Centene

"Ride the wind to a successful career."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Clayton, MO
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Clayton, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many Pros to working at Centene it would be impossible to even try with this limited space available. My suggestion is like some of the others on this post is to head over to the Centene website and see them for yourselves. I have had lots of jobs in my life because of various personal issues but quite honestly, this has to be the best place I have ever worked.

Cons

I have given it a lot of thought but can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Great job. Keep the company moving.

"Growing Business, Growing Stress, Growing Malfunction, Growing Problems"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Clayton, MO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growth means more open positions and the capacity for lateral and upward movement.
    Managed Medicaid is needed by the States and with the implementation of health exchanges even more growth is probable.
    The company invests in IT.

Cons

Overwork is the norm. Work life balance is poor. Management can typically focus on the new business and by default not on the current customers. Documentation of work processes and information sharing is poor. There simply is not the time to do this. Growth is outpacing the capacity of staff to do quality work, and management does not seem to have any accountability to find solutions that give employees the training, tools and bandwidth to succeed. Contracts are signed regardless of the capacity for the company to succeed at growing the business effectively. The management style is very top down, and blame is more the norm than is helpful.

Advice to Management

Invest in documentation of knowledge. Invest in training on the business from the State's expectations to what the various business units do. Invest in documentation and training on the knowledge and skills employees need to succeed, and not simply by putting more pressure on managers, who are already overwhelmed. Invest in resources for managers and line staff to really make sure they have the information, managerial support and direction to work effectively. Temper the need for growth and market share with the need for quality.