Centene - Not a company I'd work for again or recommend | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centene

"Not a company I'd work for again or recommend"

Former Employee - Case Manager I, Concurrent Review in Columbia, SC
Former Employee - Case Manager I, Concurrent Review in Columbia, SC

I worked at Centene full-time

Pros

Good health and dental insurance, Work supplies were adequate and easily obtained. The office work station was well arranged and comfortable. Coworkers were wonderful but they have all resigned also.

Cons

Extremely poor, incompetent & untrustworthy management. Lack of respect for employees. SC Plan has poor reputation in medical community. Not a place you can say you are proud to work. Time off could be a lot better considering the extra hours worked by salaried employees.

Advice to Management

Get out of your ivory tower and get in touch with your employees. Get rid of the incompetent self serving management and leadership and realize that your employees who attempt to do an impossible amount of work in stressful environments are your best asset!

Other Employee Reviews for Centene

"Worst Place I've worked"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Centene full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, competitive pay, but doesn't mean much when you work all the time

Cons

Hours, work/home life balance - there is none, constantly changing priorities, agile process is a joke!

Advice to Management

Seek out current employees for leadership positions. Promote from within. Not only knowing, but also hearing about some of the leadership positions that they have hired, have abolsutely no experience in healthcare or Medicaid to say the least and those people are leading departments within the company that have to work within the Federal, local and State Goverments, CMS mandates and provider contracts. Growing and being more profitable for a company is great, but look at the long term benefits as well as short term. The parking garage as well was the worst design ever!

"Stay Committed to Your Employees, Follow Through"

Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Centene full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Employees and work environment

Cons

Corporation did not follow through with promises to KY employees

Advice to Management

I thought the Kentucky program, Kentucky Spirit Health Plan, was great despite getting a lot bad press. The company had a lot of good employees and managers who cared about our plan. When the CEO came to Kentucky to announce that the plan would be closing, all the employees were told that we would receive relocation assistance, a retention bonus for those of us who stayed until the end, priority when transferring to another health plan, and people from other plans who would come to speak with us. Initially, there was not "people" from other health plans, but only a person from Ohio. Later, two other people followed to represent the remaining health plans. We were informed by this group that we not going to be given priority for employment, but they would make sure to view our resumes. Many of us were not offered relocation assistance but were informed that it was available to those in management only. In other words, anyone who wanted to move from the Kentucky to Florida plan would have to pay for relocation themselves. Many of us who did apply for other plans never heard anything back. The retention bonus got taxed at 40%. Many of us did not realize that until closer to the date of getting that bonus. We were promised so much and given so little. Many of the Kentucky employees that I have talked to felt so let down by the corporation. I cannot express how disappointed that I am right now.